AIOps for Dummies
Artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) platforms are software systems that combine big data and AI [artificial intelligence] and machine learning functionality to enhance and partially replace a broad range of IT operations processes and tasks, including availability and performance monitoring, event correlation and analysis, IT service management, and automation.
The general process by which AIOps platforms and solutions operate includes three basic steps:
How and Where AIOps Delivers Value
- Increase end-to-end business application assurance and uptime.
- Optimize IT and reduce IT costs.
- Free up resources to enable IT operations to become a proactive source of innovation.
What the AIOps Architecture Looks Like
- Open data ingestion
- Machine learning
Getting Started with AIOps
- Collecting Unstructured Data from Hybrid IT
- Presenting Data to Enable Faster Troubleshooting/Trendspotting
- Increasing Operational Efficiency in Virtualized Environments
Looking at AIOps Use Cases
- Root-Cause Analysis of Business and Security Incidents
- Resource Planning, Optimization, and Workload Management
- Audit and Compliance
Ten Key Capabilities in the FixStream AIOps Platform
- Auto-discovering physical, virtual, and logical entities across hybrid IT data centers, without agents
- Capturing an accurate inventory of physical, virtual, and logical infrastructure assets requiring very detailed intelli- gence of vendor-specific implementation and protocol support
- Automatically pushing the inventory data into a configuration management database (CMDB)
- Automatically discovering application services and their flows
- Correlating all operational data for a specific application, from the transaction layer to the services and to the infrastructure layers
- Dynamically binding flows using flow analytics in a logical group that comprises a specific multi-tier application
- Mapping application flow information onto available paths
- Storing millions of events in time-series
- Identifying anomalies across all typical variables
- Detecting patterns and predicting incidents so that they can be fixed before they occur
- AIOps For Dummies
- AIOps & Visibility For Dummies
- How to Get Started With AIOps
- Enterprise AIOps - A Framework for Enabling Artificial Intelligence