Deploy Cassandra with ccm
Cassandra is a distributed database system designed to manage large amounts of data across multiple commodity servers, providing high availability and fault tolerance. Managing such a distributed database system can be complex and require significant expertise. Cassandra Cluster Manager (CCM) is an open-source tool that simplifies the management of Cassandra clusters, making it easy to create, manage, and destroy Cassandra clusters quickly and efficiently.
pip install ccm ## or brew install ccm
Creating a Cluster
ccm create -v 4.0.0 -n 3 test_cluster --vnodes ccm list ccm status ccm start ccm node1 status ccm node1 ring ## Using cqlsh with CCM ccm node1 cqlsh ## Get SSTable Information ccm node1 getsstables
Adding Nodes to a Cluster
ccm add node4 -i 127.0.0.4 -j 7400
- Cassandra The Definitive Guide - Distributed Data at Web Scale (Eben Hewitt, Jeff Carpenter)
- Expert Apache Cassandra Administration (Sam R. Alapati)
Small world. Big idea!
- Welcome to visit the knowledge base of SRE and DevOps!
- License under CC BY-NC 4.0
- No personal information is collected
- Made with Material for MkDocs and generative AI tools
- Copyright issue feedback me#imzye.com, replace # with @
- Get latest SRE news and discuss on Discord Channel