FreeBSD system update and package installation
1. System Update
freebsd-update fetch freebsd-update install
2. Compilation and Installation of Software Packages from Source Code
1. Obtain the Port Source, Extract, and Update
portsnap fetch portsnap extract portsnap update
The updated software package list is located in the /usr/ports/ directory.
2. Search for Software Packages
cd /usr/ports/ make search name=software name make quicksearch name=software name
3. Install Software Packages
cd /usr/ports/www/firefox make install firefox
4. Uninstall Software Packages
cd /usr/ports/www/firefox make deinstall firefox
Unlike yum, apt-get, and aptitude, this BSD software installation is a compiled installation and takes a relatively long time.
For packages with dependencies, a blue installation selection screen will appear during the installation process.
4. Install Software Packages using pkg
(similar to yum, apt-get, and aptitude)
pkg update pkg upgrade pkg install software name
Small world. Big idea!
- Welcome to visit the knowledge base of SRE and DevOps!
- License under CC BY-NC 4.0
- No personal information is collected
- Made with Material for MkDocs and generative AI tools
- Copyright issue feedback me#imzye.com, replace # with @
- Get latest SRE news and discuss on Discord Channel